Web3 in Automotive: The Future of Ownership
How can the automotive world utilize web3?
- Access to exclusive content and experiences.
- Physical to corresponding digital in the virtual worlds.
- Ownership of physical assets through Smart Contracts.
- Virtual / Metaverse based Experiences.
- Logistics and Supply Chain Verification.
What are the benefits for customers?
- Additional value for customers purchasing the physical vehicles.
- Ability to include customers into the product development using semi-decentralised governance models.
- Virtual Experiences for end-customers ranging from:
- New model overviews and test-drives
- Partnerships and incorporation of vehicle types onto existing platforms within the web3 space
What does it look like?
Overview of the practical use-case example.
Legacy automotive brand creating an add-on digital certificate of ownership when purchasing the physical vehicle.
Digital certificates can serve for numerous activations in the web3 space. From digital activations to physical experiences a token-gating.
Digital activations can include concepts of DAO governance models where existing customers vote on new products and design elements.
How have others done it?
- Skoda entering the Metaverse with their Skodaverse activation.
- “Epic Road Trip” NFT collection from Lamborghini pushing the boundaries of IRL experiences.
- McLaren’s MSO division created an exclusive digital community of McLaren owners.
RZLT & The Automotive Industry
We are constantly expanding on the ideas and scope within the automotive industry.
Our scope ranges from idea, creative, strategy and workshop implementation throughout numerous companies across the automotive space.
To learn more about web3, check our articles.
Download our reports.
Watch our interviews.
Follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn & Instagram.