Web3 Gaming: Own, Create & Trade In-Game Assets with NFTs
How could web3 transform the gaming industry ?
- Digital Add-ons within games (Virtual Accessories).
- Cross-game interoperability.
- Dynamic / Smart NFT’s (NFT’s changing depending on the achievements unlocked).
- In-Game marketplace verified through smart-contracts.
- Ability to implement existing NFT’s from 3rd parties onto the gaming platforms.
- Curation of in-game economies through Decentralised Finance.
What are the benefits for users?
- Ownership, Co-Creation and Creators Economy. (Ability for users to create their IP’s on different gaming platforms)
- Users can trade gaming items within the games through an in-game marketplace and earn revenue. (P2E)
- Ability to transfer digital items from one game to another in the same ecosystem.
- Users have the ability to update their digital avatars with other NFT’s on the market. (Digital Fashion within games)
What does it look like?
Overview of the practical use-case example.
Triple AAA Gaming publisher creates an NFT collection which enables users to upgrade those NFT’s with numerous achievements and trade them on the open marketplace.
Users are able to play the game, earn achievement points and upgrade the NFT’s (Visually and Data-wise).
Later, users are able to sell those NFT’s to other users joining the game or redeem them for other utilities within the game itself.
How have others done it?
- Zynga is building out its team and readying the launch of its first non-fungible token (NFT) games.
- Gamestop launched a cross-game NFT Marketplace on Layer-2. (ImmutableX)
- “GRIT” – First Web3 Battle Royal MMO to launch on Epic Games Store.
- Ledger partnered with Cometh enabling users to play the game directly within their app.
RZLT & Gaming
RZLT has collaborated with renowned web3 games such as Cometh.io where it fully supported their game launch through numerous activations.
Ranging from Web3 gaming studios to indie-based web2 studios we are supporting the new era of the gaming scene.
To learn more about web3, check our articles.
Download our reports.
Watch our interviews.