Web3 in Sports: Exclusive Fan Experiences, NFTs, and Fan Tokens
How can sport utilize Web3?
- Access to exclusive content
- Ticketing and POAPs
- Loyalty Programs
- Fan Tokens & DAO Engagement
- Trading Cards & Collectibles
What are the benefits for fans?
- Fan-based experiences unlocked with gamification aspects.
- Ability for fans to collect attendance points (POAPs) and unlock additional features / perks included within the brands vision.
- Fan-Tokens → Enabling governance vote for the fans.
- Virtual Experiences and Live-Streams. (Could be token-gated by targeting specific holder groups)
- Capital Raise via tokens – Ability for fans to directly govern some parts of the bands vision and progress.
What does it look like with a practical use-case example?
A Sport brand creating a Proof-Of-Attendance activation.
- Enabling fans to receive digital collectibles each time they attend the games.
- After x amount of collectibles, fans are able to redeem them for digital fashion jerseys which can be redeemed for the corresponding physical items.
How have others done it?
- Wagmi United – Buying Crawley FC and creating first-ever community-owned web3 FC.
- Australian Open creating worlds-first NFT art collection linked to live-match data.
- FC Barcelona crafting the “1 / 1 NFT Masterpiece” and auctioning it off at Sotheby’s.
- DapperLabs teams up with NBA to form a marketplace of moments – NBA Top Shot.
(What has RZLT been up to in the Web3 Sport Space?)
RZLT & Sports
Silently working on the new and exciting activations within the sports industry.
Tackling the problems of customer journeys and retention when engaging non-native web3 audiences.
More to come soon.
To learn more about web3, check our articles.
Download our reports.
Watch our interviews.